28 October 2008

Unpretentious Angels

Angels. We hear about them but alot of times we don't see them. I never realized that they can be everywhere and anyone until last Saturday when Dolly slipped on the steps of the BTS and sprained her ankle.

Just at the bottom of the steps was a man selling juice on a cart and a lady, I'm guessing his wife. He saw what happened and when I went to his cart he knew what I was going to ask and scooped ice from his box and put them in a plastic bag for me. I had asked for a little but he said it wasn't enough and put more inside.

Then I went back up the stairs to hand the ice to Dolly and the lady followed a few seconds later to give us some balm to put on Dolly's ankle.

Then yesterday I was on the Ekamai road right next to California Fitness. I was waiting to cross the road and it was raining. A lady with a yellow shirt and a yellow umbrella stood next to me to cross the road so I put my head slightly under her umbrella and she saw smiled and came closer to me so that we were both under her umbrella. We crossed to the middle of the road and it started pouring really really hard. If it wasn't because of her I would totally drenched.

So yes, people might have this view that angels are beautiful, magnificent "creatures" but actually they can be the ordinary, lowly people that pass us by everyday.

And I realize that by just those simple acts of kindness and the warm feeling it gives me in my heart; I can also be an angel to unsuspecting people.

4 comments:

RJ said...

AMEN!! this post inspires me to be an angel to other people. stay an angel to other people too! (: take care.

RJ said...

AMEN!! this post inspires me to be an angel to other people. stay an angel to other people too! (: take care.

RJ said...

AMEN!! this post inspires me to be an angel to other people. stay an angel to other people too! (: take care.

OnZ'Q said...

Touching post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...