23 October 2008

Cooking Class

My mission to be a wonderful house wife and pastor's wife! Ha! Well, I made a date with Dolly to let her teach me her Indian food recipes. So off we go to the literally wet market. It's waaay cheaper than going to a supermarket. And what can we make with potatoes, tomatoes, onions, okra (lady fingers), egg plant, chili, cabbage, spinach and yoghurt??? 6 DELICIOUS DISHES!

I didn't have to put ALL the pictures up because it takes up alot of space but I did because it's more for me than for anyone else. I didn't exactly jot it down so basically these pictures are my recipe. We kinda cooked everything at the same time so its not in order but I think you'll get the sequence. And well like I said it's mainly up there for me. So no matter what, I know I can always come online to refresh my memory about the recipe.

Just chop, dice, wash, fry, peel, cough (from the chili!), cry (from the onions), stir and enjoy the food! The 6 dishes were: 1.) Eggplant and tomatoes 2.) Potatoes with chili and onion 3.) Potatoes with chili 4.) Spinach and onions 5.) Okra and 6.) Salad with yoghurt!

It was sooo delicous. Thanks Dolly! I'll never forget how you helped me start my journey to be a wonderful cook!










The spices the most important! -
Curry powder, Yellow powder (tumeric) and chili powder.




I'm such a beginner at cooking that Dolly
had to teach me how to slice and dice the "correct" way.

I Luuuuuv spicy food!
































The cooks!!
P.S. Pappu, Shimona, my mom and dad were the tasters.

1 comment:

Sendy Monarrez said...

everythinig looks delicious! but i guess it was really spicy!!! i would have tried it before you added the chilli or anything that is spicy LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...