06 October 2008

My First Brick

So I went to www.bigwhitewall.com

I created and posted my first brick. It's kind of like the graffiti wall on facebook but with more stuff we can play around with.
I haven't even edited my profile or familiarized my way around yet.
But in less than 24 hours I already got 2 responses from total strangers but they gave such encouraging messages to me.

Here's my first brick on my white wall.

This is my brick story:

I'm getting married this December.

I'll be moving with my future husband to another country.

I'm excited to start a new life with him. I also look forward to what my future might hold.

But amidst those happy thoughts I can't help but realize that it also means that it will mean leaving the country I've lived in my whole life and the family that I love so much.


The following are the responses I received.


  • Today @ 06:33 roze said

    This is a bittersweet time for you. I have moved abroad for marriage and it is not easy to be so far from the family and friends that you love. Are there going to be others in your new country that you have already met and feel comfortable with? And have you got some of your family coming to visit you early next year - it does help. Rxx

  • Today @ 09:02 ant said

    Hi lagrace625 - welcome to the Wall - you are very brave moving to another country - Hopefully you will still be able to return to visit with your friends and family and at least with our communications systems like skype and email and you will be able to keep in touch quite easily and see your family on the screen.

    But even this - as good as it is - isn't quite the same as getting that hug from family and friends that you will used to. thinking of you ant x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...