08 October 2008

How are you?

Work is over.
Another day is almost over.
Wednesday is almost over.
It's Thursday tomorrow already!

I feel like I haven't really done that much today but I'm still feeling tired.
I still wanna get a shoulder massage and sleep and wake up late.

So how are you?

Well, If you ask me as I said I'm feeling tired and looking forward to the weekend.

I remember a class I had with Dr. Roy and we were discussing about the question
How are you?

It's automatic for people to just say "Good." or "Fine thank you"
But those are just polite phrases we've learnt to say growing up.

I've tried breaking out of that habit and it was quite difficult at first. It was just weird not to answer fine thank you. But I wanted to try to change my answer because many times when people ask me that, I am actually NOT feeling fine thank you. Other times I'm more than fine - I'm Excited! Happy! Looking forward to something!

Of course it's both sides. Maybe the person who asks you "how are you?" is just asking that out of politeness because that's what they were taught growing up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...