15 October 2008

Field Trip

Our class the Hua Hin class went on a field trip today - to Central World. WooHoo! When I was doing my internship, as well as education in college, I thought I was training to be with little kids. I am with little kids but this term I was put with the big kids! It's been great so far, a bumpy ride, but great.

Well, you must be wondering what crazy teachers will bring their students to Central World for a field trip. Well the students and especially us the teachers need a new atmosphere for once and just some general experience. Alot of these kids still need help in social situations. But mainly it's also because they've been learning percentage in math and we bring them to learn about percentage through sales in Central World. So we made a worksheet for them to list items, their original price, percentage off, sale price and VAT.

We just arrived! We stayed from 10.30 am - 2.00 pm

Going up, up and up to check out the prices.

Advise for all. Before you bring a big group to do abnormal things (like bringing clipboards and going into shops to look at prices and jotting them down and not buying anything) contact the main office first to get a permission slip or a tag like I have on my shirt. Then the bouncers won't kick you out! That's what we learned today.


That's my partner teacher Mollel with Tum and New.
In the B2S bookstore they had this Audio Book Room For the Blind. The lady inside was reading and recording what she was saying for future reference.


New, Leo and Mollel

Education is not just in the classroom!

Lunch Time! Pizza Time!
The sign in the restaurant we ate in.

James and I. James is studying for his GEDs.
He's got one exam left. Math. Please pray for him!

James and his Pizza. He taught me how to eat pizza with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yummmm.

This has nothing to do with the field trip but I put up for RJ and Cathy. This is the back gate of EIS. I was waiting for Hazel in the car after work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...