01 October 2008

3rd Culture Kid

I am a Filipino.
My parents are both Filipinos.
I hold a Filipino passport.
I was born in Thailand.
I have lived in Bangkok all my life.
I only speak English and Thai.

My future husband (ooooh!)
is an Indonesian.
I'll be living in Singapore
with my future hubby.
Growing up I have felt like I don't belong anywhere.
Like I'm floating in the middle of the ocean.

Trust me it can get quite complicated when people ask me where I come from.
"Well, I'm Filipina but I was born and grew up in...and... and..." *Phew*
(Dang! What about our future kids? They'll have a longer answer to give! Not that I'm thinking that "the future kids" are coming anytime soon! =P)

1 comment:

RJ said...

hahahah i know it's exactly the same. i wonder what nationality my future wife will be. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...