01 March 2011

Civil War

Sometimes...no...everyday I have a [mostly losing] battle with my mind. 

My mind is always coming up with all these negative thoughts in my head.

Alot of these thoughts make me want to feel miserable; especially about myself and my life.

Some thoughts can get really ugly.

100% of those thoughts are false and irrational!

If you could hear my thoughts you would say"No!, no, not true! Don't think that way..."

But yet those thoughts just creeeeeeep into my mind.

Yes, everyday I fight this battle with my mind.  I don't want to be overcome by it.

One thing I know.  I can't fight this battle on my own...

Psalms 18:28
You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

God's Word and praying seriously helps.  It's not really a losing battle anymore...for now it's more of a tug-of-war.  Sometimes I overcome...sometimes it's a fail...

Just because I read the Bible and pray today doesn't mean I'm going to be a positive thinker everyday.  It's a daily battle therefore I need to put on my armour daily (bible+prayer).

My thoughts aren't suddenly positive and pure but there certainly is a difference between fighting the battle alone and fighting the battle with a God who promises that nothing is impossible with Him.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that Sister! Absolutely true that only the Word of God can overpower the negative or irrational thoughts Satan is trying to inject in our minds. Thanks for sharing this thought =)

Unknown said...

Amen to that Sister! Absolutely true that only the Word of God can overpower the negative or irrational thoughts Satan is trying to inject in our minds. Thanks for sharing this thought =)

Unknown said...

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

RJ said...

Amen ate lerz! you inspire me yet again. :)

Unknown said...

ops... I typed wrongly.. it should be "we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us"!

Frank said...

thanks indeed for sharing Lerie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...