11 December 2013

The Year I Became a Vegetarian

In my running blog post 'Health is Wealth' I explained that I became more health/food conscious and eventually by beginning of May I was vegetarian.  I find I eat way healthier when I'm vegetarian.  And that I don't really need meat in my diet (and I can actually live without it! 8 months so far who would've thought).

I managed to maintain eating healthily but when I got my morning sickness and a huge appetite I slipped back to eat eating lots of unhealthy sugary, low nutrient food :P  I tried getting back on track again.  I'm not eating as healthy as I would like but I'm trying to get back on track.

There was a time in my pregnancy I was so down because I stopped running and eating healthily.  But I'm not some super woman and I haven't totally given up.  So I would like to share some of the things I have been doing to have a healthier diet throughout this year despite my cravings and temptations :D

Most of the pictures and recipes are on my instagram.

Ingredients for juicing.

Fresh juice

Rolled oats boiled with soy milk and topped with banana, blueberries and walnuts

Stir fried veggies

Banana strawberry icecream. 100% fruits only.

Coconut and pineapple juiced.  aka.  pina colada.

Strawberry banana ice cream.

Watermelon juice.

Banana and cocoa ice cream with walnuts.  Ice creams all made from fruit only.



Oats and banana cookies





Smoothie time.

More juice.  It's harder to juice now because it takes
alot of time to wash off the chemicals from each fruit and vegetable. 

Papaya with a squeeze of lemon and some palm sugar

Easiest smoothie ever.  Frozen bannas and blueberries (or strawberries or whatever) and soy milk.


Crumbled banana, apple, oats

Steamed pumpkin!  Eat it with a little brown sugar.  So yum!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...