19 December 2013

Being Pregnant...What can I say?

I was looking through some blogs of women who were pregnant and I saw one mommy-to-be talking about what she missed while being pregnant.  I thought that was interesting because I also miss some things.  So I'm going to do a few segments in this post:

What symptoms have I experienced so far
What I miss in my pregnancy
What I love about being pregnant
What am I doing to prepare for a baby

What symptoms have I experienced so far?  
        Most symptoms have come and gone. Or they come on and off...but here goes.
  • All day morning sickness - it lasted from week 6 to around week 15.  These torturous weeks will have a blog post on its own.
  • Heartburn
  • Acne - I had to stop my topical medication plus the raging hormones made it really bad!  It lasted tri 1 and 2.  Now that I'm in tri 3 I notice my skin is pretty nice!
  • Backache - especially now in my 30th week!
  • Belly button soreness - my belly button is shallow but not portruding
  • Huge boobs yo!  I'm from a cup A to a cup C
  •  Breast tenderness
  • Breathlessness - especially! :(
  • Constipation - heck yeah especially first trimester
  • Cramping at the beginning
  • Cravings - all day every day 
  • Faintness and dizziness -  almost fainted twice on the train
  • Fatigue -  extreme tiredness I tell you 2nd tri was fine though
  • Food aversions - especially during my morning sickness weeks
  • Gas and bloating
  • Headaches - migraines!
  • Hemorrhoids at 1st tri because all I could eat was carb 
  • Insomnia! 
  • Itchiness - especially boob part and sometimes belly
  • Leg cramps - started experiencing it on 2nd tri and bayu had to help me but eventually I knew how to deal with it myself not it's not so bad
  • Linea nigra (vertical line center of abdomen) - so far no stretchmarks for me
  • Round ligament pain - muscle pain during certain movements 
  • Skin changes - my armpits are hella black! Lol  Skin at the back of my neck is darker and also my chin/under my mouth
  • Heightened sense of smell.  I don't use perfume at all
  • Hot flash!
  • Always thirsty
  • Urinary incontinence - pee came out when I sneezed!
  • Helluva increased frequency to pee = insomnia
  • Increased kiki dischargehaha
  • Emotional aka weepiness :P
  • Lately experiencing congestion
  • The last months or 2 ALWAYS HUNGRY
  • Flatulence
  • Forgetfulness
  • Clumsiness
  • Restless leg syndrome - not so bad luckily
  • Vision changes - sometimes I see spots floating around before me
  • Hug A** areolas (tmi? haha)
  • Fast growing nails! 
  • Ummm of course [justified] weight gain haha
Sorry to say the list doesn't end here but more or less these are my symptoms :D  It's not as bad as it looks...really...seriously :P

What I miss during my pregnancy? 
  • Not being paranoid about is this or that going to affect my growing baby (I'm pureettty sure it won't end at delivery)
  • Eating Caesar Salad
  • Eat fruits and veggies without having to soak/wash off all the chemicals
  • Sleeping on my stomach!
  • Sleeping through the night! (And yes it won't end here...I'm aware haha)
  • Wearing my usual clothes
  • Eating Greek Salad
  • My white armpits hahahaha
  • RUNNING
  • I really miss running but I can't wait to get back into it! 
  • Taking any medication when I'm sick.  Especially for migraine.
What I love about being pregnant?
  • I don't need to suck in my tummy!!
  • The attention and pampering I get from Bayu!
  • The attention and pampering from everyone hahahaha believe it or not I'm the kind that actually likes it when people touch my growing belly
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE feeling baby kicking and moving and stretching and hiccuping inside of me
  • I LOOOOOOOOVE seeing my belly bouncing and skin suddenly stretching because of baby's movements
  • Having a reason to go on countless dates and dinner dates :P
  • Half the guilt is gone when I eat something unhealthy.  Gotta satisfy that craving!
  • Taking my maternity photoshoot!
  • Shopping for maternity and baby stuff
  • Getting gifts for baby
  • Taking things slowly and enjoying the peaceful moment (ie I'm so breathless I have to walk slowly haha)
  • Seeing my belly grow and grow and grow
  • Baby shower
  • Given seats on the train
  • Seeing the excitement my family and in-laws have of having a new addition to the family
  • Hearing baby's heart beat and seeing him in the scans
  • Knowing that I'm not alone wherever I go
  • The anticipation despite the anxiousness
  • Knowing there is a miracle inside me - I'm not taking my pregnancy forgranted
What am I doing to prepare for a baby?
  • Getting advice from my mommy friends and family
  • Doing research about what a new mommy or baby will need
  • Making a list of stuff I will need to prepare or buy
  • Taking childbirth class
  • Praying
  • Reading the Bible
  • Reading Adventist Home
  • Reading books
  • Praying some more
  • Talking about baby to anyone who is willing to listen 
  • Talking my vitamins regularly
  • Following doctor's advice to not gain so much weight (trying to!) and eating healthy
  • Walking, hiking
  • Visiting doctor regularly
  • Washing hands and using hand sanitizer haha
  • Trying to prepare mentally and not succumb to my anxiety or prenatal depression
  • Praying and Praying
  • More researching about what I'll need (is it a necessity or luxury? Where can I find the best deal? How many will I need?  How long will it last? What's my budget, etc etc etc)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...