14 October 2008

Crawling

Sometimes it can get frustrating when you can see that something is really obvious but others can't see it.

For example, in life you came to a crossroad and you didn't know which way to go. So you chose the road on the left but after that you realized that it wasn't such a good idea and life would've been much more better if you took the other road. So after that experience you knew that if ever it happened again you would know what to do.

Then a friend comes a long and is also stuck in that same crossroad. Of course you could advise your friend which road to take since you've been through it already. So to you it's obvious which road to take but to your friend it's not. And that's where the frustration comes in. You're trying to explain to your friend why it might be better to take a certain road but you're friend just can't seem to understand.

This has happened to me a few times and sometimes I say " It's so obvious!!! You're going to do something you regret! "

It got me thinking -maybe I should just say my part and whichever decision is made just support that friend (and stay very CALM). To comfort myself I would say: After all how can that friend really know about something in life without experiencing it for themselves.

It's just like when a baby skips the crawling stage and goes straight to walking. Some might say that's cool! But I learn in one of my seminars at work that skipping that crawling stage also affects the connections in the brain. That crawling process is actually really important for the growth of a human brain. So as a growth in life for a friend they would also need to go through that crawling process of experience and not skip it for a fuller and better life.

I just hope there aren't too many pieces to pick up afterwards. =)
What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...