07 October 2008

Hmmm...

Don't Worry Be Happy.
That's the theme song in our classroom now.
I have a partner teacher Mollel ( also my current mentor). He keeps on reminding the students in class who are preparing for their GEDs not to worry by humming or singing this song.

It's not easy being a teacher and an extra challenge to be an special education teacher. Mollel always reminds me "Don't worry...take things easy" And if I'm stressing about what to teach the kids and all those "perfectionist" ways of mine he just tells me "Just do something that will make life easy for you".

It's true though! Sometimes I do make things hard for myself. I make things more complicated than they really are (Bayu is probably nodding is head really hard right now).
So just like we have a choice to be happy ( that phrase always reminds me of Shimona) I do think we also have a choice to take things easy.

Another thing Mollel said got me thinking. He said "when you can tell things are going bad or falling apart. Instead of panick and make things worse. Just sit, wait and watch until it's over." Haha I don't know if that makes sense. Well, it does to me. People like me (overstressed, overanxiety) need to hear this and be reminded quite often.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...