24 October 2008

Just a Start

I hadn't eaten breakfast and it was already lunch time. Dolly had left her spices here from yesterday so I was like what the heck. Let me see what's in the fridge and I'll cook something up based on what I learned yesterday.

I tried to stay calm and to listen to that still small voice of Dolly in my head. I tried to kill the vegetables the best I could! I also tried my best not to panic and there were no fatalties.

What I found in the fridge and what I put together??
3 Tomatoes
1/2 Onion
1/4 Cabbage
Tofu
7 Chilis
Salt and Spices

Chopped and ready to put on the fire!
I burnt the chili a little. And when I put in the cabbage it suddenly struck me - do people really fry cabbage? Is this going to work out??Haha I was like what the heck. It turned out as expected though. The fried chili and onions the melted tomatoes, etc. Oh and the sneezing from all the chili.

Wow! I think I just had a good start!...
HOHOHO according to my standards lah~


P.S. It is not kimchi!! =P ...aiyaa...actually I'm embarassed to put up this post...

3 comments:

RJ said...

wow!! looks exactly like kimchi..i bet it tastes great.. keep on cooking!! (: i will personally give you some critique when i go there.. hehe (:

RJ said...

wow!! looks exactly like kimchi..i bet it tastes great.. keep on cooking!! (: i will personally give you some critique when i go there.. hehe (:

Unknown said...

Good attempt!
Remember -we've all discovered this, and I'm sure u are now - bold experimentation and lotsa practice is what makes a good cook! Of course it can't hurt to learn from friends and wherever else. Check out online sites. That's what I did when I first started - google, read, read, and try. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...