11 November 2008

Prayer for Blessings

We new there was going to be No Talent Show but alot of us didn't seem to plan anything until the last minute and I'm telling you last minute stuff turns out reaallly great! Haah...I'm sure we can all relate to that.

So it was Saturday lunch and a group of us girls were sitting on the same table an we came to an agreement that we'd all do an item. We came up with ideas on the spot and practiced a few times and we were good to go...kinda...

We all make some silly mistakes but I think that's what made it more fun. It was a really happy moment for me!


So this was our item: Singing Give Me Oil In My Lamp using some action ideas from Bayu and coming up with our own lyrics like Dolly did.

So 6 girls 6 verses. Starting from Marisa (I hope I got her name right..hehe everyone kept asking each other's names over and over that weekend.) Shimona, Me, Renee, Cayla and Jennifer.

Lyrics are not exacly the same...just writing what I can remember na. Ooh and all the verses came up with our own actions.

Give me music for my soul
Keep me dancing, dancing, dancing
Give me music for my soul
I pray (ALLELUYA!)
Give me music for my soul
Keep me dancing, dancing, dancing
And for you I'll do a special ballet.

Chorus

Give me ink for my pen
Keep me writing, writing, writing
Give me ink for my pen
I pray (ALLELUYA!)
Give me ink for my pen
Keep me writing, writing, writing
You inspire everything that I say.

Chorus

Give me patience with my students
Keep me teaching, teaching, teaching
Give me patience with my students
I pray (ALLELUYA!)
Give me patinece with my students
Keep me teaching, teaching, teaching
Help me make it all the way to Friday.

Chorus

Give me food for my tummy
it's so yummy, yummy, yummy
Give me food for my tummy
I pray (HALLELUYA!)
Give me food for my tummy
It's so yummy, yummy, yummy
I'll be eating til the break of day.

Chorus

Give me milk for my bones
Keep me lifting, lifting, lifting
Give me milk for my bones
I Pray (ALLELUYA!)
Give me milk for my bones
Keep me lifting, lifting, lifting
I'll be strong enough to follow your way.

Chorus

Give me TP for my stall
Keep me wiping, wiping, wiping
Give me TP for my stall
I pray (ALLELUYA!)
Give me TP for my stall
Keep me wiping, wiping, wiping
I need 4.56 square a day.

Chorus

One day I'll show you the actions! Hehe. At the beginning we did the normal version Give me oil in my lamp and then went into our own versions. We ended by singing the chorus dramaticaly like oprah singers.

I think we all had a good laugh. I know I did even though I was so nervous singing my part!

1 comment:

RJ said...

your post made me laugh!!! hahahahaha (: you HAVE to do the song for me WITH ACTIONS before you leave nah? looking forward to seeing you again!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...