27 November 2008

Hungry and Blessed

After work the day before yesterday (yes, Tuesday) I got a call from Hazel through Dolly's phone to ask if I wanna meet them to eat at Ton Krueng. It's a delicious Thai restaurant near JJ Avenue Thonglor soi 15 or something.

I went there by taxi and the taxi driver was very talkative. He was telling me that he get around 500 to 1000 Baht income per day. And he wants to save up 30,000 Baht. He wanted to save that up and he was so excited.

I just smiled and gulped my saliva down. Here I am listening to a man who has to drive around Bangkok for hours and hours to get 500 Baht which I will be spending with Dolly and Hazel for our Dinner. *Gulp..HAHAHA..Yeah..and for that 30,000 he plans to save...well someone of can earn that in 2 or 3 months.

It didn't make me lose my apetite, but I realize that I am blessed and fortunate and there's no need for me to complain about lacking anything =)

I didn't take any of the Thai food but we ate at Swensens afterwards.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...