13 December 2008

Tossing & Turning

This is me...the bride-to-be one week before her wedding:

It's my 2nd night in a row to have butterflies in my stomach. I have a feeling this is going to go on every night until...who knows when!

I had dreams that we lost things during the wedding, we couldn't get things done on time and someone kept on reminding me over and over all the things that I haven't done yet!

The butterflies are so bad that I need to go to the toilet.

I lay awake missing my students, thinking about my sis-in-laws canceled flight (Thai Air Asia sux and so does the PAD), I realize this is my last Sabbath in Bangkok (if I do get my passport before the 26th), I can't help thinking about how my life will change.

I have to sit up to try to get rid of the butterflies.

Then I remind myself of that "revelation" I had where I knew God was telling me that this is my calling. I have chosen this path and I just need to trust in God. Believe that he can see what I can't see.

So I worship through youtube. Yes, remember that blog where I realized that those words I don't know what to say, those words that I can't seem to express to God...well, their all in song. I just click worship songs and listen to them. I let those words sink in and I even imagine I'm worshiping at NS. =) I've listened to Breath of Heaven, Trading My Sorrows and now I'm listening to God of Wonders.

In moments like these there is no one better to turn to than God.

+++Tonight is my bachelorette. I'm going to SML. I hope I meet my childhood friend today(Shane). Jyn is coming tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just relax and let God take charge. Things will turn out alright. The wedding is gonna be great. Try not to worry. Enjoy your last few days as an independent woman. It's come down to the last pages of this particular chapter of your life. New chapter is about to begin.

There are some situations in life that you think you won't be able to get through but when you do, you'll look back and realize that you would have enjoyed it a lot more if you had known you were gonna live through it. I'm sure you're gonna live through this one. So just relax and try to enjoy the pre-wedding buzz.

RJ said...

amen nicky!! just relax, it's always like that lah. everything will turn out great! just pray, and i'm praying for you too. 5 more days to go!! i can't wait.

RJ said...

amen nicky!! just relax, it's always like that lah. everything will turn out great! just pray, and i'm praying for you too. 5 more days to go!! i can't wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...