01 December 2008

A Different Message

The suspense of how this whole situation in Thailand is killing me. Will it be violent or not? Will people die? Can it really end peacefully?

Then that thing that happened last night. Now any little commotion and I'm like "What's that?! What now??"

On my way back home on the bus...Yellow signs, megaphone...oh no...are the PAD trying to recruit more people?

Then I saw what it said on the yellow sign. It was in Thai in biiiig fonts. "Jesus can save you. Repent now...etc."

First reaction *Phew* it has nothing to do with the PAD
Second reaction *Wow* I got teary eyed just thinking how Thai people are now proclaiming the message of Jesus in public...in this Buddhist country.

-----------

On the way back home I passed through the soi that had the explosion. My soi (or street) is 37 and the one with the explosion was 39. The back gate to my compound is on soi 39. I tried to see any signs of the bomb or whatever but none. So I asked the guard of the back gate where the bomb went off. It was closer than I thought or imagined.

At the back gate of my compound across the small road of the soi is an empty field or lot. Next to that lot is a house. Apparently, some people through the bomb (or whatever) over the gate of that house into the person's yard. 2 cars were destroyed. That 's what the guard told me. If they had gotten the wrong instructions and threw it across the opposite gate that would be my compound already! Specifically BAIS...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...