16 December 2008

My Favorite Poem

This is a poem I had to memorize as an assignment in Grade 8. I have never forgotten this poem until this very day. It is one of my favorite poems. I don't know why. Perhaps because I always wondered if I ever would take the road less taken.

The Road NotTaken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

and sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveller, long I stood

and looked down one as far as I could

to where it bent in the undergrowth;



Then took the other, as just as fair,

and having perhaps the better claim

because it was grassy and wanted wear;

though as for that, the passing there

had worn them really about the same,



And both that morning equally lay

in leaves no feet had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.



I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --

I took the one less travelled by,

and that has made all the difference

1 comment:

RJ said...

i remember, ma'am esther let me memorize it also for our english class. it really is a nice poem, and is one of my favorites too. i can still memorize it until now.. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...