26 February 2012

Accomplishment of my lifetime

I actually did it! I ran a 10k!

I finished in 1hr 20mins. My goal was to run/jog without walking and to finish no later than 1hr 30mins! Which i did . So I am proud of myself.

Bayu and I crossed the finish line together holding hands raised in victory. Hahaha. There was an official photographer so hopefully we will get to see that picture.

It really is so different running in a race and running on my own. The following quote may give you a little idea:

"there is something about the ritual of the race - putting on the number, lining up, being timed - that brings out the best in us." - Grete Waitz

There were a few thousand people there and it was just so exciting to see other people there for the same purpose.

I had fun checking out what shoes people were wearing hehe.

Running a long distance race is really not about winning somebody else but winning your own race against yourself and your mind, taking one breath and one step at a time

The weird/cool thing I noticed was that when running, you are with a huuuuge crowd of people but it's so quiet and you can just hear shoes against the pavement and people breathing. Everyone is really focused and in the zone.

It was just a wonderful experience. It was also really hot. We ran at 8.15 and I only train in the evenings so I wasn't used to that.

Well, those were my thoughts and feelings. I really never imagined I would enjoy long distance running.

I don't even know if this can be added to my "never say never" list because in the first place I never imagined it because it was beyond imagination!

Well, enough babbling. Here are some pictures: frank was with us too so that made it even more fun.

I didn't get any pictures during the run even though the view was really nice.

Oh yeah I was so excited and so happy with my accomplishment I rank it at the top with my wedding and graduation (or maybe I'm just crazy from runners high lol). I couldn't sleep last night too excited.

And the response on Facebook was really overwhelming and loving :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...