06 October 2010

School Concert

Wednesday already!

Tonight and tomorrow night my we will be having our school concert.  It's basically the biggest program of the year because, well, it's the only big program and it's the graduation of the K2ers =)

It's my first time to join the school concert but I've been told what to expect.  Ok let me back track so our concert is this term, term 4.  The kids have been practicing and practicing since term 2.  

I have to choreograph the dance moves, design the costumes and get the props.  

So I teach the dance moves to my 3-4 year olds. It's not really dance moves more like hand and feet movement and walking in a circle.  

The thing is these kids get distracted reaaallly easily and the decorations that night are glittering stars, "christmas" lights, there's going to be cameras flashing and the projector on display...recipe for distraction.

I'll be sitting at the front bench where I'm supposed to guide them and they follow the dance moves but with all the distractions....i've been told to expect kids to just stop in their steps and stare everywhere except at me...haha...we'll see!

The theme is International Costumes so us teacher's have to wear international costumes.  I'm going to wear a filipino top tonight and a Thai dress tomorrow.  Will put pictures up after of course.  

The kids are doing 2 songs: This is my Father's World (Korean theme aka korean dresses and fans for props) and Rejoice in the Lord Always (English soldiers costume).

The concert is 2 nights because I teach 2 classes.  And both nights have the same costume theme but in different colours...ooh I'm excited to take pictures and put them up!

Ok, I'm nervous and excited.  

Laterzzzzzzz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...