18 January 2009

Singlish

We finally did the needed house cleaning.

Bayu and I were craving for steam boat ("MK") so we went to Vivocity.

Ended up eating at some Japanese resto.

We bought our fav Starbucks signature hot chocolate and hung out at the pier.

Went grocery shopping. I really enjoy going grocery shopping with Bayu! Hehehe.

Accomplishment: I know how to iron guys pants!

Hated chore: Folding clothes!!!

Fav. book to read while doing business in the toilet: An Essential Guide to Singlish. (It's a very funny book! ...)

For example...

Wah Liao! = Wow! Exclamation of disbelief. Sometimes used in jest. " Wah liao! So big durian I never saw before!"

Wah, so ex one, meh? = My, that's very expensive! Or, that's a ripoff! "$50? Wah, so ex one, meh?

Which festival is on at the moment? = Where got festival?

What are you looking at? = See what, see what?

I'm on a budget = Where got money lah?

I understand = Oh, lai dat ah!

I can't make it = Cannoh make-ee.

What are you plans? = So how?


3 comments:

Deanna Beryl said...

Wah Liao is so Shimona. Haha!

RJ said...

hahahaha! thanks for making me laugh ate ler! that must be a really fun book! (:

Unknown said...

oi!! Dea! You ah..... Wah liao eh.... o__O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...