27 January 2009

My Current Status

I currently have no official "place" I belong to.

I no longer have a visa here in Thailand. I am only on a tourist pass. After living in this only place I've known and coming to love it so much..I still don't and will never officially belong.

Isn't it so cruel? I'm born in Thailand, I grew up here and I've never lived in the Philippines even though both my parents are Filipinos. I speak, read, write and understand Thai but not Tagalog. This country is my home...and yet I am considered a foreigner, a stranger.

Yes, I have a home in Singapore but I haven't gotten my dependent pass or a work permit yet so I had to exit (that's why i'm back here in BKK) because visitors are only permitted to stay for 1 month.

The lame part is also that I am holding a Filipino passport and the Singaporean Immigration, and if I had gone to the Malaysian border, are always suspicious that I'm a prostitute or that I'm doing some fishy stuff in Singapore. 3 times, and I'm absolutely expecting the 4th time when when I go back next week, they brought me aside and interrogated me...Why are you here? Who are you staying with? How long are you staying? How much money do you have on you? What's the name and number of the person you're staying with? They also took my thumb prints...

That was when I was entering Singapore...Then, when I was exiting Singapore, they brought me aside and interrogated me again... When did you arrive? Where are you going next? Do you know you can only stay in Thailand for 3 months at the most? Where are you going after Thailand Philippines or back to Singapore? And then they ask again..When did you arrive here? What did you do here? Are you coming back again?

I mean do you know how it feels to be brought aside in the interrogation room and be questioned as if you are doing something wrong when actually you are not..you're just trying to live a life? Do I have to tell them my life's plan? Ha, it can be quite a stressful situation. I mean sure I understand they're just doing their job and there are alot of people to be suspicious about but..everytime? It 's stressful. Well, I know I'm not doing anything wrong and I have nothing to hide so..yeah...just letting off some steam.

See, If Thailand had just given us Citizenship (there's no such thing as "green" card and that's another story) I wouldn't have to go through all that ...It's just because I hold a Filipino passport and I'm "traveling" around that I get scrutinized. I don't know about other nationalities but I know as a fact that in many, many places around the world look down on Filipinos because there are so many of them anywhere you go! Hahhaaha.

2 comments:

Bella Sofilia said...

be patient for that! Actually you don't need to go back to BKK because after 1 month, you can extend ur stay, just like me, I stayed for 6 weeks. Before 1 month, I extent my stay by contacting the immigration office and they gave me another 2 months.Try that!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hey!! Look who's blogging again. Keep it going!

And about the interrogation stuff, maybe you've got the tough, gangsta look and that's what got them suspicious. lol.

I had that experience before but mine was definitely worse! Why? Cos apart from the "What are you doing here?" and "Where are you going?" and all those questions, there was also an "um, excuse me miss, you're zipper is open."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...