21 May 2010

Tour Detour


Today is a school holiday. So after waking up I went on a walk with my parents at the park across the building I live in. The building you can see at the left side oft he picture is where I live. There is a street to cross to get to the park.


Like 5 seconds after taking the first picture and like 4 minutes into our "walk" it started to drizzle so we headed back home. I'm happy to live right where the bus stop is. I get off the lift and walk down the steps and the bus stop is right there. The first place I was living in I had to walk like 10 minutes to the bust stop and that's a lot of time used up to get to work =P

J walking?! ...Yup this is where the people around here cross the road. Over here divers have no mercy if you're not crossing at the zebra crossing!


So I live in what we call an HDB flat. This is the bottom of the building which we call the void deck. You can see funerals and weddings taking place down here now and then.

Post Box a.k.a. Bills Box

Up the steps to the elevator..

Into the tiny, dirty, slow elevator. Because it's basically a public building you can see spit, garbage, cigarette butts, vomit, buggers inside this lift.

The HDB flat I'm in is what we cal N-Block meaning it's a really old building and in 1 or 2 years they are going to tear it down and build newer buildings. I live on the 11th floor and the lift has buttons to 3 floors. 1, 6, and 11. It takes 60 seconds up and 60 seconds down. Doesn't sound long but try standing and doing nothing for 60 seconds..hehehe.

This is the hallway...I'm not sure what they call the hallways here. But yeah, our neighbours who have kids and can't bring their kids down to play just let the kids ride their bikes back and forth with their friends. Some Singaporean friends I know recall how they used to play like that with their neighbours and then the aunties and grandmas scolding them for being so noisy.

View from the 11th floor. - the street and the park.

Singapore is so green and full of trees. The weather today was lovelyyyyy.....

1 comment:

RJ said...

yay. so that's what your building looks like. :D haha. reminds me klongtan condo.. Hm. I wish i had a camera. i think that would be what i need to jumpstart my blog. :D happy sabbath ate lerie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...