11 May 2010

taxi fare, Faith?, work!!!!

Hey guys.

Sooo. Every Tuesday and Thursday I tutor a friends daughter. Even though work has been really burdensome for me I still agree to meet her every week because I enjoy tutoring her. Anyways, I'm too lazy to ride the bus because its pretty far from work and I don't want to get home late because I need all the rest I can get!

Anyhooo, today so I get off at 5 and guess what its starts to pour, like major downpour!, and lightning and I was waiting for a cab and so afraid I would get struck by lightning (it's pretty common here!) I prayed for a cab but didn't wait for the "yes" answer and walked down the street. I turned back and there! was a cab with its flashing green light at the top that say "taxi" I ran to open the door and slipped on the sidewalk...*sigh...just glad I didn't have a sprained ankle or broken back.

So yeah, does that mean I have little faith because I prayed for a taxi and got too scared i'd get struck by lightning so I walked off?? Hehehe....


Picture from the cab it's supposed to be like not clear coz it was raining cats and dogs.
BTW, it's super expensive to ride cab! It's a luxury~~!!!

To make matter worse they have "surcharge" sooo...
7 to 9.30 am you have to pay extra 35%
5 to 8.30pm 35% again
from 12 midnight until 6 am 50%
So let's say i normally pay S$10 to go somewhere but then with the 35 percent i gotta pay 13 dollars or with the 50% i pay 15 dollars.

Starting off is around s$2.80 (Please convert yourself! Hehe)
S0-called normal far is 6 to 10 dollars!
So yeah, it's a luxury I sometimes luxurize on myself...muahahaha...for health's sake..haah..

Well my work place is 1 hour and 15 minutes away.
I ride a bus to the sky train the train ride takes 40 minutes and then around a 10 minute walk to the school.

So I leave work around 6.30 am arrive 7.45 and i have around 30 minutes to prepare for the day. My working hours are from 8 am until 5 pm. I have a 20 minute break inbetween to gobble my food for lunch.

from 8.30 to 11.30 I have 23 students.
from 11.30 to 2.30 I have 21 students. (I take 20 minutes from this time to grab a bite)
from 2.30-5 I do some administrative work and also preparation and blah blah

On non-tutoring days I get home around 6.30.
Tutoring days I get home 7 -7.30

And guess what...i still have to work when I get back!!!!

Seriously no such thing as leave your work at your work place!!

So yeah in other works -0 Z.E.R.O social life~ Hahahaha....

See these 5 sheets of paper in the next pic. That's all my deadlines and to-do list...yepz.


This afternoon I marked my kiddies workbooks! And Yay~ I have the chance to collect stamps to stamp on their work...stars!, Well done~, Wonderful!


Oh you guys I gtg! I'm exhausted...i wish there was a word to really describe exhausted I am.

This is it for today...gotta go work...remember less than 48 hours to parents meet! aaaahhh!!!


2 comments:

RJ said...

haha. so stressful. :D but at least you're managing. take care of your health. and be sure to stay clear of open spaces, i don't want u getting struck by lightning. haha

Hazel said...

thanks for the update. glad you got your taxi ride =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...