31 March 2009

Gala Dinner

Last night Bayu and I met up with Nat and Doca to have dinner (we've been doing that quite often now). We met at Jurong Point (One of the places on My List which I shall blog about later...see, I'm serious about blogging again..=p). After our dinner we went to the supermarket (Fair Price) and we saw some cassava leaves. They wanted some and Bayu and I wanted some too but there was only 3 packs left. So it was agreed that Bayu would cook his Indonesian cassava leaves food for dinner.

So today I tidied up the house because they were going to be the first official guests for an official dinner in our home! I helped Bayu cook and I made the refreshments.

This is how Bayu made the appointment with Nat and Doca. He sent them this SMS: YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO OUR CASSAVA LEAF GALA DINNER AT [OUR ADDRESS] AT 7.30 PM. PLEASE RSVP.

This was Doca's reply: ALRIGHT.WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE? HEE. I RESERVE FOR 2. SEE YA.

So we started our dinner at around 8...and ate...and ate...then talked...and talked...until almost 10.

It was a fun night. I'm glad I'm emotionally ready to make friends, invite them for dinner, and write in my blog!


The Head Chef


Main ingredients: Cassava leaves and that whole bowl of chopped chili.

We had 2 main dishes made from the same basic ingredients. 1.) Boil the cassava leaves 2.)chop and stir fry chili, lemon grass, onion, tumeric, salt, ginger, lime juice, tomato 3.) lay the boiled cassava leaves on a tray put the chili paste (which is all that chopped and stir fried stuff) on the leaves put a layer of smashed tofu, a layer of sliced egg plant and a final layer of the chilli paste. 4.) Put in oven for 30 minutes

The 2nd dish was for us non-veg people which included fish inbetween the layers of leaves and chili paste and same oven procedure.

We also made Sambal Kecap which is a mix of tomatoes, chili, onions, lime and the black, thick, sweet soy sauce for enhancing the taste of the whole meal.


Our guests with the head chef.
Enjoying their first sip of the juice that I made...muahahaha

1 comment:

OnZ'Q said...

Pepes Tahu!! I want also :(
Why Bayu's pantat is showing..oh no, that's not his pantat yet. Just a part of his buncit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...