23 October 2011

Uppy Datie

Hi! Update here!  Just wanted to share a little of something I discovered and find very inspiring and helpful.

I have started "trying my best" to get up first thing in the morning to do my morning devotion and spend time with God.

I feel like if I can put in hours, time and sweat to run I can put in time to be with God too.  Sure I talk to him all day in all activities but there's nothing like really sitting down just you and Him for a while together.

For me I need to be out of they house by 6.30-6.45 so to do morning devotion I get up around 5.30 am.  For the past few weeks I've been doing this (with some days of failing to wakeup because the biggest obstacle for me is waking up!).

It hasn't been easy but I want to share a few ways you can read/study the Bible where you don't feel it's so repetitive or boring or and you're actually learning something.

1.) I got this from our Adventist Church FAST programme.
-Short prayer as you start your bible study
-have a journal
-read a passage or chapter in the Bible
-Write a summary of what you read
-Write down the principles of a few things you've learnt from your reading
-Write down some specific things you could do to apply what you have learnt in your everyday life.

2.) If doing #1 becomes to monotonous and you feel that it's become more of a routine than quality time with God.  You can:
-Read devotional books
-Books that let you read a passage of the Bible and they have questions for you to ponder about and answer. (e.g. Emotionally Healthy Spirituality workbook by Peter and Geri Scazzero)

I am on my journey to finding God and knowing him more through having a deeper relationship with him.  I'm happy He has led me to how to know His word and just wanted to share this with you.  You're in my prayers I pray that God will guide you as He has guided me :)

Psalms 143:8
Cause me to hear your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do i trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to you.

Next is about prayer time/talking with God....(next blog post)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...