23 October 2011

Prayer Journal

Previously I wrote about spending time with God through studying the Bible.  Now I would like to share about spending time with Him through prayer!

Now I haven't been doing this my whole life and it's a new way for me that I feel really help my relationship with him.  I've been praying and seeking many many years for ways that with help me know God better on a deeper personal level and I feel that I have a way (not that there is only one way!) that has helped me and therefore want to share it with you for perhaps you are also seeking Him like I am :)

This also comes from the FAST program I mentioned to you in the other post.

It starts as a prayer journal.

I started writing it in the same notebook as the one where I do my bible study but I'm slowly moving it to a personal blog because there's more writing and updating to do as I will let you know.

The basic steps are:
-Write the date of request


-Request as specifically as you can get (for e.g. instead of "please help Bayu to get well". Say "please help Bayu's fever to come down and help him to fall asleep so he can go to work tomorrow")

-Scriptures: if you can or remember/know a verse match a bible promise to the request (for e.g. your prayer is "Please help me to know whether I should take Psychology or Nursing" your Bible verse could be Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.

-Answers: leave space in your journal (and this is why I'm starting to use a personal blog) to record the action God takes.  This part is the most exciting part for me.  God doesn't not answer our prayers completely or right away. So instead of waiting for it to be completely answered look for the actions God is taking to answer that prayer and jot it down! You will see how God is at work. Just an example in a real life situation of mine:

This is what my prayer journal looks like:
````````````````````````````
25 September 2011
Please help Bayu and I find a safe new house within our budget ($......) in a location suitable for my work and Church. Help us to find a nice and honest agent and landlord.
Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
*(Answers) Pr Johny recommended us to as SAUM if there is a vacancy at Thomson 800 (there was none)
*We called a few agents from our church in Singapore and they are looking for places for us.
*Our current landlord allows us to stay a little longer to give us time for moving
*We found a place to buy boxes for moving

``````````````````````````````
So we havn't found our new place yet but I can see God is leading us and opening up ways and hope for us in finding our new place.

Also, if you feel you need to or want to memorize Bible verses this is the chance to memorize it because it is related to your prayer too.

I have been blessed and just wanted to share this blessing with you.

<3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...