|Here's the recipe: And it starts in a bowl like this.|
I've been wanting to try to make chia seed pudding after seeing several recipes of it on Pinterest.
I finally got around to it for a special New Year's Eve treat.
I found several recipes and got the general measurements for liquid and chia seed ratio and put my own ingredients into it.
Basically, as long as you have the correct ration of liquid and chia seed then you will create a pudding texture.
So here is the recipe I used and doubled the recipe because I knew Bayu would like it. :D
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup and 1/4 cup soy milk (you can use whatever milk or even water)
- 1 tablespoon milo (you can use cocoa)
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar (or any sweetener of your choice) *this is not a sweet recipe so you can add more
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- dash of vanilla extract (optional)
- *You can add bannana or mango...anything you like! I have yet to experiment too.
- Put the dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix it together. Add the wet ingredients and mix with a whisk until there are no lumps. It will still be really water.
- Let it sit for fifteen minutes remembering to stir with whisk or spoon every 5 minutes - the texture will feel thicker each time.
- Cover and stick into fridge for one hour to over night. I kept mine for almost 4 hours. I think it would taste even better over night.
- Garnish with what you wish. I put slices of banana and chocolate shaving.