10 January 2013

Why did Jesus have to die??

I was reading Steps to Christ chapter 1 when I came across Isaiah 53 - how Jesus was misunderstood just like he is today and yet he still loves us.

It made me ask the question "Why did Jesus have to die?"

I found this page on a website with an extract from CS Lewis' Mere Christianity in which CS Lewis explains the atonement.

What really struck me was this:

"Only a bad person needs to repent: only a good person can repent perfectly. The worse you are the more you need it and the less you can do it. The only person who could do it perfectly would be a perfect person - and he would not need it."

Here is the whole extract.

I read this, I thought about it. I read Isaiah 53 over and over again.

I was also reminded that God did not love us because Jesus died for us but he loved us so much He send Jesus to die for us.

As I really think about and meditate on what I have read (especially Isaiah 53) I can't help being in awe all over again by how much I am loved.

Who am I? (Hebrews 2:6)

And I just want to praise him and no better words can be used like Psalms145.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...